Saturday, March 10, 2012

An abundance of food

                                                                         
For some of you out there, I am sure you are wondering- what do you eat while there? Well, there is plenty to eat:
 Every day we have a liquid breakfast and snack -this is our green drink. For lunch and dinner there is a beautiful, fresh, organic salad bar. I say salad, but it really is an array of sunflower sprouts, sprouted beans and legumes-(sprouting is very important at Hippocrates). When you eat your nuts, seeds, and legumes sprouted, it is easier on the digestive system. They are full of enzymes, vitamins, mineral and proteins. There are organic cucumbers, peppers, cauliflower...etc. They try and buy what is in season this way it is fresh and organic. It really is a beautiful site to look at it.


They have a fabulous chef.  Ken works magic in the kitchen. He can make a mean nutloaf, pizza, tacos and anything else you can imagine. All of this is raw/vegan. The beautiful thing about this, is they will teach you how to prepare all of this, so when you return home, you can have the knowledge to prepare it yourself. I have posted a few pics of a couple of my favorite recipes that I prepared at home.


We do have one day of fasting. On this day it is liquid only. We drink a green drink that is juiced with sprouts and veggies. Later in the day, we get to enjoy ourselves by drinking out of a whole coconut. The man that delivers these, literally stands there with a machete and cracks them open. This is a great electrolyte replacement for us. It is delicious and fresh!!


So, as you can see we get to enjoy fabulous, tasty food that has such great nourishment in them. This food gives us so much energy, we don't feel like putting greasy fast food in our bodies.


I am focusing on a few things just to give you an idea of what it is like and how we eat while there. To be honest with you. The first few days are rough. We at times use food for comfort and when that is taken from us, we have nothing to comfort us and our real emotions come out.


Later in my blog, I will talk about emotions, feelings and how when you cleanse your body, you also cleanse your mind. I am sure there will be a few crying spells for me. I have a lot of internal emotional baggage that I will be working on while there. I will try and be as honest to myself and my readers as I possibly can.


Raw spagetti
raw choc, almond, banana pie
Once again, stay tuned....                      

2 comments:

  1. That actually looks delicious and it sounds wonderful, Chris. Maybe I will be able to go with you next year. I am so enjoying hearing about your journey and I look so forward to learning more. I have another friend who has been talking to me about clean eating and it just seems so beneficial. I want to learn to be better in my eating habits. I feel like I am soaking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for you to be able to go. When I return, I will prepare some recipes for you. We will motivate each other..:) Sometimes we just need to take it one day at a time and eventually it all falls into place. oxoxo

    ReplyDelete