Sunday, March 11, 2012

one week prior to leaving

One of my favorites
                                                                              
This morning I woke up to a beautiful sunrise. I made sure to go out on my deck and capture it coming through the trees. The way the sun glistened on the water, and how it sparkled was breathtaking. I told my husband that thanks to my beautiful neighbor and  friend Roni, she has re-ignited an appreciation for what has always been right under my nose....my backyard. Living on the water is so serene, but after living here for 10-yrs, I started taking it for granted. One day I went out back and actually looked at my surroundings. There is so much beauty out there. The trees, birds and water. This is what God has given us, and I am going to start enjoying it again. I am going to appreciate all that I was given. The more I realize my surroundings, the more I realize how blessed I am.

Speaking of being blessed, I am going to talk a little bit about my husband:
  I am marred to a wonderful man. He and I have been married for 20-years. I feel like I can tell him anything..and I pretty much do. I trust him with my heart and soul. He knows everything about me. He knows all about the struggles I had growing up and still continue to have. Him allowing me to go on this retreat for two-weeks makes me realize how blessed I am and how wonderful he is. He will be taking care of the house, dogs, daughter and working full time.
 I think/hope he knows how much these retreats help me, how they help me become a better person, how they help me peel a few layers off of  the insecure girl I once was and sometimes still am. How the more I work on myself and learn to let the past go, the better wife, mother, human being I become.
  I am striving to learn how to love myself. When we love ourselves first, it is easier to love others unconditionally.. Wouldn't it be a much more peaceful world if we all could just love one another....

As always, stay tuned......
My daughter and friends getting ready to jump off our dock

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post, and that picture of you and Paul, is so special! You look really happy, Chris.:) We had a beautiful day here on the river, made only better by a visit from you. Thank you for everything. You are a wonderful friend. The sounds of our kids running around outside was one more blessing. We are full of them today.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are blessed too, to know someone who inspires others by working on improving herself every day. Turns out you are very good a blogging as well. Keep it up, we are the lucky to have ya...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That means a lot, Christopher. I was just telling my friend Roni, how fortunate I am to have all of you Doody's in my life. I love all of you!

    Thanks again, Roni, for your inspiration and love...

    ReplyDelete