Friday, March 23, 2012

Emotions

In my previous posts I mentioned how I may possibly experience a few crying spells. Well those crying spells were like a tsunami...

The first part of the week at Hippocrates was a bit different in comparison to when I came in May.
Right from the very beginning I was emotional. I came with the mindset that I needed to work on some emotional baggage and boy did I ever.

I met with Andy for a 1/2 hr stress evaluation and due to that, I started the emotional roller coaster. After digging into some past trauma and issues, he had me open up like I never did before. This man is a genius. He has been at Hippocrates for over twenty years. He is well liked, and a caring man.

We have a healing circle here on Thursdays and how it works is, everyone sits in a circle and shares their stories. Andy is the lead guide in this group. He tries to make it fun by having us loosen up, by playing and acting silly. To be honest, at first it is a bit uncomfortable, but after a few start to laugh and joke, we all pretty much begin to realize it is a safe environment to be in.

During this particular session, I spoke up. I spoke from my heart, I spoke of past hurts and fears.I spoke with such honesty and truth, I broke down. I literally cried the ugly cry.

I was so emotionally drained after that, I slept like a baby that evening. I felt as if a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders that day.

Speaking of shoulders, I was told that having a lot of emotional trauma or baggage can cause symptoms of chronic pain and inflammation. It actually does make sense to me. When we allow ourselves to heal internally, then other areas of healing may occur.

Prior to coming to Hippocrates, I made the decision to not take any pain medication unless absolutely necessary. I have had pain, but tried to stretch, use Arnica Montana, or go in the hot tub. I have found some relief doing this. I am sure the Florida heat and sun has helped my joints and muscles as well.

So, if I am able to deal with my emotions and pain in a healthy matter, maybe, just maybe, my life CAN be drug free....

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment