Friday, March 9, 2012

Benefits of Wheatgrass

This is my good friend that joined me on my last retreat. She is wearing a wheatgrass mustache
                                                                               


When I woke up this morning, I tried to pay attention to how I was feeling. My normal routine is, wake up, go downstairs, and head straight to the coffee maker. As I was lying in bed, I thought to myself, in about one week, I will wake up and not have that coffee to start my day. Instead, while at retreat, I will wake up, get dressed and juice wheatgrass. This will be my morning elixir for the two-weeks I will be there. Wheatgrass juice will be my medicine for the entire two-weeks!!

Wheatgrass is the most healing of all grasses. It can destroy cancer cells and has many minerals..calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc. It is a great purifier for the liver, stomach and pancreas. Due to taking too many NSAIDS to help my chronic pain, I have developed gastritis. I experienced bleeding as well. For me, drinking wheatgrass will help heal my stomach as well as rejuvenate my organs.

If you have celiac disease or have a gluten intolerance, you are still able to consume wheatgrass...I will go into further detail in regards to gluten later.

Wheatgrass juice needs to be consumed on an empty stomach. Allowing 15-20 minutes to digest before any other food is eaten. I have found what works best for me is drinking it, then working out. This helps me tolerate any side effects I may experience. Some may get sick on wheatgrass, and for this reason, smaller amounts are better than larger. 2-ounces twice a day is recommended for consumption. More is NOT better!!


I now will post the beautiful benefits one can experience by consuming wheatgrass:


- Helps blood circulation
- Has numerous trace minerals
- Helps reduce blood pressure
- Helps remove toxins from the body
- Purifies the blood
- Helps constipation
- It is the most available form of chlorophyll therapy
- It is considered a complete food due to incorporating all of the necessary amino acids


 I also will use it for colon cleansing. The colon is the place where we hold most of our toxins. Hippocrates puts much emphasis on why it is important for us to clean the colon.


There are some people that DO-NOT have a normal bowel movement daily. This is very unhealthy due to the amount of food and chemicals that go into the body. We need to release these in order to be healthy. I will go into further detail while I am there regarding colon care.


So this is just a little bit of info of what I will be experiencing with wheatgrass juice.


As you can see, I am getting excited regarding my upcoming  trip to Hippocrates. I know by the end of those two-weeks, I will feel like a new person..inside and out!


My wish is that any of you reading this, will want to experience the journey that I am about to experience. And if so, I will be more than happy to talk with you about it.


Stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. I feel very grateful to be living next door to you. I have been thinking so much lately about my health and wanting to change the way I eat and get some more exercise. It's very encouraging to know there are people around me who are doing this too. Highly motivating. I'm paying attention, Chris. I really am. I'm wondering...does Wheatgrass taste awful? And where do I get it? I hope you talk about that soon too! Great start to the blog! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel grateful having you next door as well. You have inspired me to step-out of the box. Just being in your presence makes me calmer- I certainly need that.

    Wheatgrass tastes like freshness. When I return from my retreat, I will juice some for you...:)

    Thank you for your support!! Thank you for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me too. To be healthy. To appreciate each day. To be positive.:)

    ReplyDelete